Caramelised Root Vegetable Roast - Sugarly Recipe
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Difficulty 1
- Serves 4
- 1 bunch of carrots, peeled or scrubbed, topped and sliced lengthways
- 4 parsnips, peeled, topped and sliced lengthways
- 3 red onions, peeled and cut into eights
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tsp Canderel Sugarly
- Few fresh rosemary stalks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas 6/200C (180C in a fan oven) add all the vegetables to a large roasting tin (they need lots of room to roast, if tin too small the veg with steam rather than roast).
- Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper then drizzle in the oil, add the Canderel Sugarly then toss together using your hands until veg is well coated. Throw in rosemary if using.
- Put in the oven and cook for about 20-30 mins or until golden brown and starting to caramelise. Remove and transfer to a serving plate.
Cook’s tip: Fresh beetroot would be a nice addition – roast it separately for 1 hour then peel and serve with the veggies